Our Focus Stories:
At the beginning of each term, our staff work together to plan exciting activities for the children.
They choose from a wide range of story books which they use for focusing on certain topics through out the year.
These books are then planned for by each member of staff to cover all areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Topics and Focus Stories change every two weeks. We focus on a song/rhyme to go with each story and we concentrate on a letter sound which is also relevant for that chosen topic.
This Term We Focus on - Spring 2020 - Understanding the World
Book - Rhyme/Song - Sound
1. Ten in the Bed - 5 Little Monkeys - Cc
2. My Chinese New Year - Happy Kung Hei Fat Choy - Ch
3. The Train Ride - Piggy On The Railway - Ji
4. Gingerbread Man - Currant Buns - Mm
5. Titch - 5 Little Peas - Tt
6. Spot's First Easter - Chick, Chick, Chicken - Ee
Parents will be given a news letter every two weeks in Nursery about the chosen topic. This will include supporting parents at home, words to the songs and relevant information which relates to the chosen sound and book.