Our Focus Stories:
At the beginning of each term, our staff work together to plan exciting activities for the children.
They choose from a wide range of story books which they use for focusing on certain topics through out the year.
These books are then planned for by each member of staff to cover all areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Topics and Focus Stories change every two weeks. We focus on a song/rhyme to go with each story and we concentrate on a letter sound which is also relevant for that chosen topic.
This Term We Focus on - Summer 2019 - Physical Development
Book - Rhyme/Song - Sound
1. Counting At Home - 1,2 Buckle My Shoe - Nn
2. Charlie's Superhero Underpants - If Your Super And You Know It - Ch
3. Each Peach Pear Plum - Our Favourite Rhymes - Rr
4. Freddie Visits The Dentist - Mulberry Bush - Dd
5. Doing The Animal Bop - Hokey Cokey - Aa
6. Maisy's Pool - The Sun Has Got His Hat On - Mm
Parents will be given a news letter every two weeks in Nursery about the chosen topic. This will include supporting parents at home, words to the songs and relevant information which relates to the chosen sound and book.