Here are the 10 keys for unlocking school readiness :
Our Focus Stories:
At the beginning of each term, our staff work together to plan exciting activities for the children.
They choose from a wide range of story books which they use for focusing on certain topics through out the year.
These books are then planned for by each member of staff to cover all areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Topics and Focus Stories change every two weeks. We focus on a song/rhyme to go with each story and we concentrate on a letter sound which is also relevant for that chosen topic.
This Term We Focus on - Summer 2020 - Physical Development
Book - Rhyme/Song - Sound
1. The Enormous Turnip - 5 Enormous Turnips - Gg
2. Walking Through the Jungle - Down in the Jungle - Jj
3. Freddie Visits the Dentists - Here we go round the Mulberry Bush - Dd
4. The Very Hungry Caterpillar - Tiny Caterpillar on a Leaf - Cc
5. The Tale of Georgie Grub - Wash Your Hands - Ww
6. Pirates Love Underpants - Row row row your boat - Uu
Parents will be given a newsletter every two weeks in Nursery about the chosen topic. This will include supporting parents at home, words to the songs and relevant information which relates to the chosen sound and book. Our children with a yellow, blue or green name card shall also receive further home activities to carry out based on what we have been learning about at Nursery.