Our Focus Stories:
At the beginning of each term, our staff work together to plan exciting activities for the children.
They choose from a wide range of story books which they use for focusing on certain topics through out the year.
These books are then planned for by each member of staff to cover all areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Topics and Focus Stories change every two weeks. We focus on a song/rhyme to go with each story and we concentrate on a letter sound which is also relevant for that chosen topic.
This Term We Focus on - Autumn 2019 - Expressive Arts and Design
Book - Rhyme/Song - Sound
1. The Three Little Pigs - We're Going To Build A House - Pp
2. Owl Babies - Little Owl - Bb
3. Mrs Honey's Hat - Auntie Monica - Hh
4. My Diwali - The Diwali Song - Ll
5. Noah's Ark - Rainbow Song - Nn
6. Each Peach Pear Plum - Our Favourite Nursery Rhymes - Rr
7. Christmas Story - Jingle Bells - Ss
Parents will be given a news letter every two weeks in Nursery about the chosen topic. This will include supporting parents at home, words to the songs and relevant information which relates to the chosen sound and book.