Week commencing 1st July - 12th July 2019
During our toddler room story times this week we will be;
- Exploring a treasure basket filled with winter related items for the children to try on.
- Encouraging the children to play alongside their friends, with our 'Weather Matching Game'
- Talking about our own experiences at the seaside, the children will be making sandcastles outside.
- We will be supporting the children in creating rain shakers to take home.
- Playing with the large parachute and balls outside.
Toddler Room Creative Activities - paper plates with yellow paints/materials, gluing and sticking with cotton wool, welly printing outside, exploring paints within a tuff spot and gluing and sticking with seeds.
Baby Room - Within the babies treasure baskets we will be providing them with; big and small rain makers, different materials, a basket of brushes, wooden items and the massage set. On the table top, staff will be supporting the babies in playing with pop up toys, wooden bricks, shakers, sensory bottles and sensory mats.
During our story time we looked at the book 'the wind blew' the children were able to identify the; front page, back page and title of the book. We then went out into the nursery garden and explored the parachute and balls. We had fun moving the parachute high and low. We talked about the different types of weather and what to wear in summer and winter.
EYFS Statement - interested in books and rhymes and may have favourites (16-26 months)
The toddlers have been filling and pouring using cups in the water. We enjoyed watching the waterwheels spin and we observed how fast wheels spun. The children were amazing at putting their aprons on by themselves. Thursday 4th July 2019.